At the heart of the New Century Campaign is UWA’s commitment to drawing the brightest students from around the world to our campus, making Perth and Western Australia a hub of intellectual leadership.
The UWA Fogarty Foundation Undergraduates Scholarship program is a shining example of this commitment already in action.
As a Fogarty Scholar, my leadership skills have improved beyond belief. I’ve learnt that the word “no” is only a few networks away from “yes”; and that problems are simply a reminder that a solution is somewhere you haven’t looked yet.
Driven by a vision to share the transformative power of education, Annie and Brett Fogarty have forged a model with UWA that incorporates not just financial support but also mentoring and enriched learning opportunities, helping Fogarty Scholars realize their potential as industry and community leaders of tomorrow.
Proven initiatives like the Fogarty partnership have inspired a full suite of new scholarships to recognise and reward academic excellence.
UWA aims to rank among the top 50 research universities globally by the year 2050. Reaching this goal relies on building our academic excellence, creating a community of exceptional scholarship and enhancing our international reputation. We must draw the best students to our campus and keep them here.
Selected gift opportunities:
- Endowed postgraduate scholarships, providing rising research stars with the financial security to explore solutions to the most pressing issues facing humanity.
- One-off postgraduate scholarship (research).
- Hackett Foundation Alumni Honours scholarship. At least one scholarship is awarded in each Faculty and at least one to an Indigenous student.
- UWA Alumni Award of Distinction, recognising a commencing undergraduate student for academic excellence, leadership and service.
- Hackett Foundation Alumni Honours scholarships.
- UWA Alumni Award of Distinction, recognising the achievements of a leading student citizen.